meta

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fabulous fabulous day!

The day started with a makeup workshop. I dabbed, blended, shaded and contoured with at least 20 products and 10 brushes till my eyes were smokey and the last of my blemishes (and face, for that matter) disappeared. I love the look but doubt I'd have the patience to perfect it. So much work just to look effortlessly put together!

Workshop

I headed around the corner to Vans Cafe, one of my favourite places for brekky. My latte was a little weak but that was probably best considering I haven't had coffee in weeks. I tend to order the oddest thing on the menu and decided pretty quickly to go for the roast stuffed fig + gorgonzola + pancetta from their lunch menu.

Knew it was going to be pretty, and it was :)

Lunch

Van's CafeOne fig was stuffed with gorgonzola and the other was red, springy and juicy, both roasted to perfection. 

The stuffed fig was oozing cheesy goodness. The salty pancetta was half-crispy-half-soft and I thought that was a really nice touch.

The other fig was sweet, with a slight zingy-ness and it was a joy to crunch on the tiny seeds. 

Together with the fennel fronds, coriander and micro herbs, they held a party in my mouth ;)

The atmosphere was very pleasant, with the air filled with laughter and lively chatter.

Lunch was followed by a bit of exploring...

Pretty things

And on the way home, a quick stop at a much-loved spot.

Boat house

A few hours later, it was time for the customary Chinese New Year eve reunion dinner...

Reunion dinner

And to top it all off, fresh typewriter ink arrived today :)

Typewriter ink

I always wish for fabulous days and occasionally, I get an epic one!

No comments: